Thursday, April 30, 2009

Pretty sure it is May already

I thought I would have had an entry by now, but I am in a different town with a different library. Time has gone so fast since coming back almost two weeks ago. For many reason I had hoped to have a couple more things written down.

I got back and the first thing that happened was I bumped into my sub..... and I thought what he was telling me was a joke. I even said to him - You are kidding, right? He wasn't. I gave him the easiest job for a couple days, just watch my students work. We had started a new unit on block printing and they were carving their pictures. The sub decides to have them print before I get back. I never told him to do this, never showed him how, never told him where the stuff was before I left. Them man used 75$ of my ink. Didn't clean anything. Didn't put anything away. Ah, to be a teacher.

To say the least I did get the group back on track!! We are now on to dragons, and Egyptian Tomb drawing. Another week and I will be able to taste the finish line. I am staying on top of my grades and class because it would be so easy to save things for the end. I had my observation from the assistant principal and it went really well. Oh how I love to teach.

I have also continued to work on the thesis. I might actually have my second chapter finished by June. I think in another week I will have everything I need to start punching it out. I am VERY excited about this moving forward.

Trying to take care of a couple things before the weekend, and one is getting face time with the principal. That should go over like a cement balloon.....or anything else that shouldn't be airborne.

I have gone golfing already, and plan to go on Wednesday again. A par 3 course, 18 holes, $14 dollars - jealous? The gang is getting together tomorrow night. Grilling, complaining and drinking - good times. I have really gotten to like a handful of people here, and I feel really good about that right now.

I am not thinking of the summer, only because I have so many things to do before it starts. During the past couple weeks I have wondered how I have gotten to this exact spot. Four months ago I would have thought it to be on a far off horizon someplace.

I hope to write at least once more before the summer BUT if I do not........ please pray for the end of the school year, wrapping the year up on the right note and safe/slow travel back to MN for the summer.

No comments: