Monday, June 1, 2009

Monday, Monday

Well, I should first wrap up my time in Idaho. It was a crazy year, to say the VERY least. I do not regret the opportunity they gave me to teacher because I learned so much over the past nine months. I was able to meet people that could have become great friends if I had been there a little longer - that being said I do hope to keep in touch. I was able to make it out of the building without shedding a tear - no lie. I almost lost it when I said goodbye to the woman who runs the office, she is a saint!! I might just have to send her some chocolate for the pig - she had a ceramic pig full of chocolate :)

Things from the last two weeks:
Ron and I won the rubber match at golf. Me hitting three one putts ( one from the fringe), and Rob using his mulligan for the win. Nobody saw that coming!!
A student saying in front of the class that her mother thought I was good looking. My response was that the year was almost over - have her give me a call. :)
I got a strange cold, that turned into my first case of a sinus infection!! The only good thing was that I got to see the cute PA again. It really is the little things in life.
Went out walking with my roommate around the ditches looking for wild asparagus, and found some. People that stuff is SO good!!
Made it past the 15 page mark on my thesis. Going to edit the section next week and see what my professor thinks - eek.
Busted out a Marble Cheesecake for my last presentation in the teachers lounge. Great reviews. Might have to throw together a dinner party soon....
Went to the batting cages with Rob and got into the fast pitch cage. Has anybody gotten into one of those lately?? Rob was making nice contact, and I was just chopping them down. I am pretty sure at my age I have nothing left to prove, in sports.
I had to repack my whole trailer the morning I left because my crap would not fit in the way it was after the first attempt.
My last night in town Rob and I won golf and went to grab a pizza. While waiting we went into the bar next door for a libation. They didn't take plastic, so Rob paid. I wanted to get the next round BUT the ATM was broken. I am unsure if it was my blue eyes or the mustache but when I couldn't get money the bartender gave use the second round on the house!! I made sure to smile a lot after that......

So, I am back in Minnesota. I drove from Rigby, Idaho to St. Cloud, Minnesota before going unconscious for an hour. I made the trip in 22 hours, pulling a trailer. Yes, there was a moment where I really did almost lose the trailer. It was a nerve racking experience!!

The weather has been FRICKIN' amazing since I have been back in the state. I pulled up to my house and within 5 minutes was mowing the lawn. I started weeding after that because the flower garden looked, well I can not write what it looked like because my mother reads this stuff ;) When my buddies got there to help me unload they were surprised that I had not been inside the house yet. I told them I didn't come back to hang out in the house. So, after spending the afternoon in the yard yesterday it is starting to look good again. I planted my veggies and moved around some other plants, ahhhh to have dirt under the finger nails.

I am also trying to relax for a couple days, damn that John Ryding blood in me!! This is almost an impossible task. I have at least not made a list of things to do yet, so there might be hope for me. I have a couple projects around the house, and need to organize the garage into these writing central. With only being in town around the 24 hour mark last night, I already had to take a step back from everything. I spent the closing hours of the weekend sitting on my back stoop gazing into the stars and sippin' on some Jameson. It was kind of sad that I could not see as many stars as in the Idaho sky. It was a nice kind of somber opportunity to take it all in. Like I have said before it will be a crazy summer and I think my only choice is to buckle up or not. Screw it! No buckle for me, but I am putting on the helmet and inserting the mouth guard. I like excitement, but I am not stupid.

I just got off the phone with my brother...... he told me to put a for rent sign in my yard. I told him I kind of wanted to live alone. He then told me what the sign would say. I am going to make that sign tonight!!

Well, not sure I did such a great job of wrapping up on Idaho. We shall see if I can keep up some of these writings this summer, but whatever would I write about??? Such a boring life that I lead in Minnesota. I did enjoy DQ last night, that was on my list of things to do this summer. I think we both could have used more ice cream, next time we should opt for larger cones.

There is a really good chance if you are looking for me this summer I will be out back doing one thing or the other. Stop by for a game of pingpong or to take in what is a real purdy garden.

Here is to enjoying each day that I am in and letting other people worry about the rest...........

No comments: