Tuesday, June 9, 2009

As I live, and drink coffee.....

Well, I have started my second week back in the Land of 10,000 Lakes. I thought that first week just DRAGGED on and on. I was able to see a wide array of people - which was nice. I am not sure if it was the weather, adjusting, the fumes of my painting project or this damn cough I still have from my stint in 'nowhere'. I think you will all be shocked to hear that I miss hanging out with my Idaho crew.

What can I tell you about last week? Ok, so I hung out with some people on Sunday night. A friend of a friend was in town and we had a lot of laughs. The food was oh, so amazing. Michelle knows how to whip it up. I was ready to get home around 9pm, still not feeling right, and wanted to start the week off rested. Getting into my car I had a message from JW, and Dan earlier, about karaoke over in Nordeast. I am still unsure how my car got there, when I was trying to get home. We sang until 1:30 in the morning. I caught this bug last summer when we had a party for a friend moving to DC for school. I all of a sudden have come into my own and kind of like being apart of the bad singing culture. That being said all these young hotties should up and after two of them sang I had a feeling the varsity choir had just walked in. My buddy Dan is a known karaoke singer now. He has only been going to this bar for about 3 months and is only behind the guy who runs the singing and the bartender for number on times on the mic. He is a singing whore!! no reason to pull punches. He can sing anything, and usually does. I look forward to more singing this summer, and maybe some of you can swing out. It is entertaining.

Had a solid game of cards on Saturday night out in the clubhouse. It is always good to get a group of guys together. I had one friend come for the first time and he was a little surprised at our 'banter'. I am thinking of two tables for the next game. Cheapest entertainment in town. Might try and have a bbq this month as well, a good reason to dust off the pingpong table. hard to figure out who to invite, sounds sad I know.

I am now two for two on having Swedish Pancakes on Saturday mornings this summer, not bad!! I was also determined to make it to church on Sunday as well. I hope to start going to the church in my part of town again this summer, they just had not updated their service time for the summer....boo.

Sent out another packet for a teaching position yesterday - and in MN no less.

Come and buy my crap, I am having a garage sale (i think) in two weeks.....

No comments: