Thursday, October 15, 2009

Will it go round in circles.............

Wow, has it been this long? Have I lost the unspoken few that read along through the travels I call life? Where to start, what to say, what to leave out and how should I put it?

Ok, so things kind of moved along this summer. I have probably said this before BUT Idaho did some good things for me. I was more relaxed this summer with everything that was going on around me. I was able to finish 98% of the jobs around the house that I had started over the last 5 years. I got to enjoy my garden, and make it bigger. I got rid of a LOT of stuff from the house and garage. Funny how well you clean after moving three times in one year, and thinking you are going to sell your house. I am not going to sell my house. I have two roommates that are moving in this weekend. Fingers crossed that these two women are better than the last two. I still shake my head at the last two :(

I did not get a teaching job, which sucks. That and trying to become a substitute teacher is crazy work. I am not used to answering the phone for #'s I do not know or 800's. That being said I missed out on two days of working. Old habits I guess. I am looking for another pt job since the paint store is cutting my hours after next week. I have had a blast working there this summer. Nutty stories. Melting pot of coworkers to say the least AND the Edina customers were at their best this season!! I was also able to paint a couple houses this summer as well. good times.

Getting back into the groove of hanging out with friends was a process as well. The push and pull of old friends and the new opportunities of the tried and true. It is a part of life, right?? Our friends change over the years, just part of growing up or growing apart. I was also more likely to just hang out at my house alone, Idaho made me a lot more comfortable with alone time. The summer just blew by, the yearly fishing trip was amazing - I had to go late and JW got married so everybody made the best of it. The bbq at the Berge's was a riot!! There are good reasons not to invite people, and I felt like that point was made. Really, 30 minutes of a woman I don't know and her two kids?? funny. The gang is getting together this month for a little dinner party. It will be the usual blast, with a couple new people - the group has not met JW's new wife and I am bringing my girlfriend. A dinner party in a brand new remodeled kitchen!! Double oven!! Come on people Tim only needs one for the frozen pizzas....you heard me!!

I also was able to work on a couple creative things as well over the past two months. One is my bottle cap piece - which I am making strides on AND some illustrations for t-shirts. A new friend works with a non-profit in town and I asked if I could do a couple things. I will post pictures if they are made...... i drew ravens in the Pollack style of painting, after taking photos and cleaning them up - the finished product was pretty cool. I hope to do more of this type of work. I want to make a bigger point of being creative on a regular basis.

Man this is getting long :(

I am also part of a church community, which I was looking forward to after last year in Mormon town. This is the second summer I have attended a Covenant church in my part of town. Having grown up in this church structure it was nice, that and most people either knew me or a relative of mine. I was just on a retreat at Covenant Pines this past weekend - so strange. It looks like the place of my youth BUT is has changed. The kids are getting soft!! Heated cabins with bathrooms - please! It was at church that I met my girlfriend, Kirsten. She went to North Park, where I went for a year, so we kind of knew of each other. We started to hang out at the end of the summer, and continue to do so. She is great. Yes, I realize that even mentioning this break from tradition for me. What else do you say? It seems on our first few outings we kept seeing people I knew, not surprising.

Anywho, hello again. I pray all is well with you.