Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Is this how a year is really supposed to start?

So, I start this year off creating a new company. For the past 3 years I was the creative at a non-profit. It employed high school youth and taught them not only job skills but also about Christ. I was a sponge during my time there. I watched and learned and really liked the things I was able to do. I rarely had contact with clients, maybe an email about their files being awful. For much of 2013 I was unhappy in this position, for many reasons. Some of it was that I saw the company leadership in a new light, which was not positive, and I needed more out of something I was putting the majority of my time into. When I asked for a raise after 2 years i was told - NO. No explanation or reasons, just NO. So, after months of planning I had my last day at that job a day after my birthday in November. Having talks with my wife for months and putting plans into place I was so excited. My wife and I will now run Rubber Biscuit, a custom apparel company. Mainly a screen printing company, we also have an embroidery guy and can do promotional items. I have also learned over the last year and a half from my other company The 16oz Society. Last year was a big year for me with all of the things that came together to set a foundation for 2014. My father walked away from his 'day' job when he was around 43 years old. He did this with what I can only assume was amazing faith. This man had a wife, and three children that were growing up and heading into private schooling. I am blessed with a woman that believes in my crazy ideas. Who supports me even when she doesn't see the finish line. How sad is it that this is something that I still haven't gotten used to....that type of love just kind of washed over you. So, 2014.....want to continue with a healthy lifestyle, want to push our t-shirt line into two other states, I want to visit more museums, I want to camp 4 times with my wife and I want to be happy with what I do for a living. Are these items to much? Am I asking for the moon & the stars? If so I do not care. I have put my faith in the Lord, I have no worries.....I just keep moving forward. Good to see you again :)

1 comment:

Kieman Holland-Anderson said...

Happy New Year! Nice to see you're still setting goals for the new year. Wishing you all that you're hoping for and a lot more.

Peace.