Sunday, July 12, 2009

Post Garage Sale Hangover

I am so happy to be finished with my garage sale!!! It turned into more work than I thought because of 'structural' changes. Driving around, twice, to hang signs and putting a post on Craigslist took time. That and having a couple friends drop stuff off, was nice but having to organize and price is a time suck. I was a little surprised at what some people thought you could sell at a garage sale. For not selling everything I was surprised at how much I made, everything else is on the way to Savers after my coffee. It was a blast to have all sorts of friends stop by on Friday and I was a little surprised to have hardly anybody stop by on Saturday. It did feel nice to sit in the sun and 'relax'. So, this stage is finished.......now to drag the other half of the garage around and sort through it. It will get finished.

Here is probably the story of this post: While setting up the sale a buddy stopped by and we hung out and had a couple beers - thanks. He saw my Star Wars stuff and we started to go through it and laugh about it. We got into a 'heated' debate over the right weapon for Bobba Fett. How many times has this happened to you?? Arguing over the weapons of plastic figures from the seventies, very funny stuff. The only things, toys, I will have after this sale are things that my sister's kids are borrowing at the moment. That and the shadow box of the original figures that I had from the first movie. Come on people!! Did you think I was going to get rid of everything?? That and the bedding I ordered this week.....I must be close to heaven.

I am wrapping up a big painting job this week. It has been fun, but frustrating. The ladder movements and tricky corners bothered me. The house looks great, the home owners picked some really nice colors. Maybe I will post some before and afters.

I might be transitioning into my thesis in the coming week. I am doing pretty good, but the daunting pressure of the future job issues, the thesis and what is going to happen with the house is slowly lurking into the frontal lobe. I would also like to wrap up the little projects around the house in the next two weeks. It sounds so easy...I am young, I am single, what else do you have to do? Yup, so easy.

Small world story of the day......I was again hanging out with my friend Steve for a couple hours yesterday. We have gotten into Gears of War 2, a computer game. He had gotten a couple new games and was working a deal with a friend. The friend was coming over to pick the stuff up. I was sitting on the couch. The guy came over, and Steve brought him downstairs. Before the friend came around the corner Steve said,"I want to introduce you to my buddy David. Jed, this is David." Steve was a little surprised when I got up and Jed and I gave each other a hand shake and a manly hug, while laughing. Steve was wondering what was going on. Jed just happens to be one of my closest friends younger brother. I will be seeing him more when we figure out how to work out a Gears of War weekend. People we need to borrow another Xbox 360 if any of you have one.

I am kind of trying to figure out a little vacation of sorts. Just a short, cheap get away.

Ok, last one. Part of the group of guys came over last night to plan our summer trip. We are a group that laughs a lot. Kind of a quirky group of fellas. Last month one of the guys, who could not make the meeting, brought over a bottle of Riesling. He got a little crap for it. Well, I told the story last night and we chuckled. It got even better when Tim said,"Riesling, you can bring a Riesling over. A Chardonnay, maybe, but not a Riesling." I thought Charley was going to fall out of his chair. It got even better when he added to his stance later in the night. It is going to be another GREAT trip.

All spell checks for wine types are not my fault.

Thinking of hitting Chicago, very soon. Anybody have any ideas?

No comments: