Tuesday, January 7, 2014

In LOVE with Potato Hash

So, when you shop at Costco you tend  to get your produce in bulk.  I believe the bag of potatoes was 15 pounds.  After all of the special meals of the holidays there was that bag of potatoes.  We have made them many different ways, but I was trying to figure out a new way.  Which i now refer to as 'Potato Hash'.  I took a potato, a couple small sweet peppers and half a red onion and put it in our small food processor & there you have it.  Melt a little butter in the pan and toss everything in.  I was kind of surprised to see that just one potato kind of looked like a lot of food.  For me it is the perfect winter meal.  You get your veggies, and it is filling.  I have had it a number of times now.  Added cheese, sour cream and even bacon...come on, you knew I was going to say bacon.  Cooking food does not need to be hard.  You never know when you will have a winner.  Fast and easy lunch or dinner....

No comments: